keys to proper sitting
- Sit in a chair that supports your lower back. If the chair does not support your back sufficiently, you can place a lumbar cushion (which can be bought at your local pharmacy) at the level of your low back, for added support.
- Position your chair so that your knees are at least as high as your hips when your feet are flat on the floor.
- Your elbows should be rested on the desk.
- Your computer monitor should be at the level of your eye, so that you don’t curve your back.
- Your desk should be slightly above your waist.
- Sit close to your work, do not lean over it.
- Do not slump/slouch over while sitting.
- Take frequent breaks to get up and stretch.